Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New S&W 929 for 2014

New S&W 929 for 2014

Name:  929.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  26.1 KB

I'll be interested to see if this makes it to production this coming year, but it could be pretty awesome for competition.

The only information I can find on it is a thread at Smith & Wesson Forum and an unlisted YouTube video.

If Jerry Miculek is, literally, putting his name on it, I hope it will be a great piece.
    Shooter's Digest Blog

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 66L View Post
    ...it could be pretty awesome for competition.
    A Mazdaspeed MX-5 Cup car might be pretty good for racing, too.

I don't know what this gun would be ideal for other than competition. (It's an obvious outgrowth of the .38 Super PC627s...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Speaking of 9mm revolvers, I wouldn't mind seeing S&W bring back the 940 or another 9mm J frame variant...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Speaking of 9mm revolvers, I wouldn't mind seeing S&W bring back the 940 or another 9mm J frame variant...
    Only if it actually works.

IMHO the 9mm has proven to be a horrible revolver round.

Having to eject cases with a mallet is a no-go in a real fight.

I think this was introduced for competitors and collectors. Can't imagine much use outside of that. With USPSA allowing 8-shot minor in revolvers this will be the dominant gun for those that don't reload 38 Short Colt for a 627.
    Shooter's Digest Blog

I'm actually kinda regretting not getting one of the .38 Super guns when I could still get employee discounts.

I would love that revolver as a 4 inch service type assuming the extraction problems were corrected. I too had a 940 that needed a rubber mallet in the range bag.

Quote Originally Posted by 66L View Post
    I think this was introduced for competitors and collectors. Can't imagine much use outside of that. With USPSA allowing 8-shot minor in revolvers this will be the dominant gun for those that don't reload 38 Short Colt for a 627.
    Yeah, the 8-shot minor is going to completely change up the revo game at the Area level. Although I don't think it will affect Nationals, since most of the stages there last year were fairly six round friendly.

As a side note:

Speaking as a Smith revolver nerd, that model designation makes me itch. The last two digits make you think it's a .44 Mag N-frame with some exotic new frame material other than stainless or Al/Sc alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    As a side note:

Speaking as a Smith revolver nerd, that model designation makes me itch. The last two digits make you think it's a .44 Mag N-frame with some exotic new frame material other than stainless or Al/Sc alloy.
    We can be friends again. The idea of putting 29 in the designation for a 9mm is a sin. 990 or 948 would have made more sense.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List