Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas DPS going to 9mm M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    But-but-but WHAT ABOUT THE STOPPING POWER!? .357 SIG!!! Dead right there thunderbolt magic round of doom!
    "Thunderbolt Magic Round of Doom " is copyright of 10mm Auto ,and may not be reproduced or attached to a later cartridge.Void where prohibited.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    "Thunderbolt Magic Round of Doom " is copyright of 10mm Auto ,and may not be reproduced or attached to a later cartridge.Void where prohibited.
    I remember a podcast where Massad Ayoob spent most of the time fellating the the .357 SIG and dipped heavily into Texas DPS nostalgia to support his buffonery which included the term "thunder-bolt" or some iteration thereof to describe just how quickly a 9mm going ~150FPS faster will Git R Dun. or whatever.

My dreams of becoming a dps officer and getting to play with unlimited amounts of 357 sig are crushed.

I hope these come with the enhancements that the M&P Core has. They made the factory trigger better and the barrel is a better twist rate. Those are the two improvements shooters have been wanting for years from S&W in thte M&P.

All the recent production M&P 9mm pistols have better trigger reset, and the new barrels with a better slide to barrel fit and the faster 1:10 twist rate. I sent my full size 9mm (2011) production date back to Smith& Wesson for a lack of accuracy at longer distance (25 yards and beyond), came back with a new barrel and the accuracy has been outstanding so far. Smith & Wesson paid both ways, the customer service is great, to bad my Glock 17 does not get as much trigger time as it use too.

I'm told they are going to the 147gr Gold Dot. Between this and the gun being a 9mm, and not a Sig which is the awesome because metal guns rock and plastic guns suck, the level of derp in the commentary on various stories I have read is off the charts.

Especially this being in Texas. Lots of people can write off the FBI because they are full of womenz and accountants and everybody knows they ain't real cops, but Troopers carrying 9mms in Texas? It's as though someone had advocated actually cutting their testicles off (except the womenz, it must be all their fault...).

I predict the whole "OMG stopping power!!!!" will prove to be complete BS, as we know, but that the first bad guy that doesn't explode into a fine mist when shot will be used as proof that this was all a commie plot and a generally bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    My dreams of becoming a dps officer and getting to play with unlimited amounts of 357 sig are crushed.
    There's still the Secret Service.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    They really should be carrying Peacemakers.
    That's just silly.

Engraved 1911s with scrimshawed grips. And hand tooled leather. Everybody knows that.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    ... but that the first bad guy that doesn't explode into a fine mist when shot will be used as proof that this was all a commie plot and a generally bad idea.
    This. It's that very logic which kept FAMS from going 9mm a few years back. No one in upper management was willing to take the blame if they got involved in a shooting and the results were even remotely possibly blamed on caliber choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    This. It's that very logic which kept FAMS from going 9mm a few years back. No one in upper management was willing to take the blame if they got involved in a shooting and the results were even remotely possibly blamed on caliber choice.

And one of the few FAM shootings I am aware of had the .357Sig fail the lightening bolt test.

User Tag List