Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas DPS going to 9mm M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I have 790 through my compact, shot a 3 inch group off hand at 25 and hasn't malfunctioned. I bet they will resolve this rather quickly, same way glock resolved the gen 4.
    IIRC, the same thing happened when the LASD switched to the M&P9 themselves years back .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Elaborate please?

My M&P9c's are quite accurate--how about 99-3x at 25 yds:

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What do you mean by accuracy issue? How inaccurate and how Tested was it to see if it was consistently the gun? Not trying to nit pick but just trying to be thorough.
    If you addressed that to me, I mean the numerous detailed threads here and on other forums about people whose M&Ps were shooting patterns, as opposed to groups… and the many times they sent their pistols back to S&W, usually with no improvement. IOW… way too much smoke for there not to be a fire somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I would think that if you're daughter were going to have failure to extract and/or failure to eject issues, you would have noticed it by now.
    And up until the past year or so, I would have heartily agreed with you. But then we read about some Glocks suddenly developing fleas after 2K+ prior trouble-free rounds, etc. I've been in this game a very long time. Along with a few others who have mentioned it, I too wonder just where in the hell all of this is going? We never saw these sort of wide-spread problems back in the day. Until 1995. And it isn't just the polymer guns. In 1995, we had to send almost a thousand P220s back to Sig, due to defective hammer rebound springs. That's another story not for this thread, but still a footnote in the "What's going to go wrong next???" service pistol sweepstakes.

As for my daughter… I offered to buy her an HK P2000 to keep her from displaying the extra retard gene my children obviously have; after that derringer episode with her older sister, I can come to no other conclusion.

But she wanted to "try out" a bunch of different guns, so I dutifully took her to do so… and she loved the feel of the M&P 9C grip. Okay, baby girl, its your money, buy what you want. I felt better after the range session.

Yes, it is doubtful she will ever have to use that pistol much beyond arm's reach. I'm more concerned with reliability/stuff breaking unexpectedly.

Yes, I should probably breathe easier. Probably…

Thanks.

My 9C has been fine - both accuracy and reliability, but then again so has my CORE and my Shield -- the Shield took around 100rds to group well -- not sure if the barrel was rough or what.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    If you addressed that to me, I mean the numerous detailed threads here and on other forums about people whose M&Ps were shooting patterns, as opposed to groups… and the many times they sent their pistols back to S&W, usually with no improvement. IOW… way too much smoke for there not to be a fire somewhere.

No, sorry should of specified. I was talking about the guy that saw the 9c have accuracy issues, I know there is problems but I'm starting to suspect some have maybe just jumped on the band wagon. That absolutely does not apply to the guys like Doc or Orizon who have accounted their frustration and given evidence.

Once again my bad.

Thanks for the article Chuck.

Rifling twist was not the issue.

There is more than one issue.

User Tag List