Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Day Short Film

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I'm jealous. I never got a slap on the butt or an inappropriate advance.
    OTOH, I did get my butt handed to me. Multiple times
    Do you need me to do that agin big boy???
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Do you need me to do that agin big boy???
    Bring it on, Okie.
    (And by that I mean, "Yes sir, I would be honored to spar with the best holster maker from the great state of Oklahoma. Please do not hurt me." )

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Bring it on, Okie.
    (And by that I mean, "Yes sir, I would be honored to spar with the best holster maker from the great state of Oklahoma. Please do not hurt me." )
    You can ask nice all you want, but Big Bear hurts people without even tryin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The phone call to the Chief afterwards was interesting too. Especially the long pause that came after our exchange where he told me we'd have to activate the use of force review team and I told him I never even touched the guy. There was literally no force involved.
    Animal magnetism?

I get that it's a cool guy video, highlighting cool guy carbine and handgun training, but talking with another copper friend I watched it again, and the number of really poor tactics, most TV cop stuff, is stunning.

Also, if Costa wants to be a cop he should buy a proper holster for doing such work. People who arrest people often have to fight. Fighting bad guys while wearing a zero retention range holster is a Very Bad Idea.

Yeah, I'm a kill-joy.

There was a stolen car, a pursuit, violent bumper cars, bailing out, running, hiding, more running, more hiding, more running, jumping fences.... involved in that event.
    I had this mental image of Doc Holiday in the movie "Tombstone", looking down at Johnny Ringo:

"I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."

Kermit Reece checking in.....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I get that it's a cool guy video, highlighting cool guy carbine and handgun training, but talking with another copper friend I watched it again, and the number of really poor tactics, most TV cop stuff, is stunning.

Also, if Costa wants to be a cop he should buy a proper holster for doing such work. People who arrest people often have to fight. Fighting bad guys while wearing a zero retention range holster is a Very Bad Idea.

Yeah, I'm a kill-joy.
    It hit me like a scene from a larger movie. Like Peart the Poet wrote: That's Entertainment. So I'm willing to live with bad tactics that generate drama and tension, because that's a script problem and really good writing is actually hard. What pisses me off are the little things like grip and finger discipline and ridiculously obvious flinching on 25yd head shots - stuff that the actors could fix with a generic 3-day class. Not hard at all and would give obvious visual benefit, plus a certain depth to the acting.

/rant
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

in movies and TV shows actors typically flinch like crazy because they are trying to show recoil. The blank guns have almost zero recoil, directors and actors think it looks better if you are reacting to the gun going bang, than just standing there with no reaction. This translates into those horrible flinches we see onscreen.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

So, who's idea was it that recoil makes the gun go down, like the shooter is throwing the bullet? I love the walking dead, but am constantly cringing at that. All those crappy details could be realistically acted out if the actor had a decent 3-day class recently - after 1200 rounds of coached shooting, the actor would know what recoil management looks like, and could exaggerate it if it's an overacting kind of film. I've never trained with Costa, but from what I've seen, he might make a great Hollywood shooting coach...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

User Tag List