Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Day Short Film

Easy Day Short Film

Pretty rad little short about police work.

bonus points for no annoying shakeycam during action scenes.

In first!

Just kidding. If more fight scenes in Hollywood movies were like this, I'd watch more Hollywood action movies.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Just kidding. If more fight scenes in Hollywood movies were like this, I'd watch more Hollywood action movies.
    While I'm sure you've seen Act of Valor (or at least heard of it), have you checked out Sinners and Saints? Not much shakey-cam in that one, either, and had Sonny Puzikas as part of the cast and advising (this was prior to the WTF Panteao clip and the shoothouse incident). Acting and plot are, well, eh, but they weren't flat out horrible, so it was still a hugely entertaining 90 minutes.

Oh, and if you dig foreign films, try out the Tropa de Elite series. Not only great action, but pretty good acting and plot.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 12-17-2013 at 01:33 PM.

A bit of background....http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...a-media-group/

"Costa Ludus has launched a new business unit called Costa Media Group. Their objective is to develop a series of engaging, cinematic commercials that showcase products from their firearms and tactical clients in videos.

The first production, Easy Day, has just been posted this morning and features Costa and crew taking down bad guys using Knight’s Armament rifles and accessories, SureFire lights and suppressors, Aimpoint optics, Salient Arms Battle Arms Development safeties, WarSport rifles, Magpul furniture, Raven Concealment Holsters, RED Cameras and several beards."

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    [...] Sinners and Saints? [...] Tropa de Elite series
    Thanks, I'll check them out.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Don't forget to tune in for the next episode, called "A considerable amount of paperwork" where Costa uses his Surefire tactical pen to fill out IAB forms and tactically asks for his union rep.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Don't forget to tune in for the next episode, called "A considerable amount of paperwork" where Costa uses his Surefire tactical pen to fill out IAB forms and tactically asks for his union rep.

;-)
    And the third episode, where he strategically coordinates an explanation to the rental car company as to exactly why their newly-tactical minivan has bullet holes, front-end damage, and beard fur everywhere...

Site Supporter
    Why is the chick always the first one shot?

Cookie Monster

"Pretty rad little short about police work."……...

I think you meant pretty rad little short about fictional movie police work. That wasn't like "police work", but what do I know...

All this will do is let down some poor kid when he signs up to be a cop, and it isn't like that. I remember how disappointed I was when I worked graveyard with Tue/Wed off for most of my career, ate at the same Denny's every night, and there was not a single issue Ferrari, or a boat with an Alligator like I thought there would be. But I did get a primer grey and bondo 5.0 Mustang and a bad interior to pick up transvestite crack whores when I worked Vice. Also, no pastel linen suits, I dressed like a construction worker.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-17-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    "Pretty rad little short about police work."……...

I think you meant pretty rad little short about fictional movie police work. That wasn't like "police work", but what do I know...
    Awesome.

User Tag List