Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Pretty funny comments, and not just the Monty Python ones!

Quite frankly I enjoy drawing a bead on certain animals some times and NOT pulling the trigger. The animal never feels the kiss of the Nosler (or Lapua Scenar) or in this case the K-WHOP! of a heavy hard cast slug.

I would say sorry to those who are offended by this, but it would be disingenuous.

Quite frankly, I live in the rural west. I hunt, and fill my freezer with venison every year. Other than a bit of bacon, I don't buy store bought meat.
    In fact I noted today that we needed to eat a lot more burger, as I have probably an honest 100+ pounds of elk burger left, and only a short time before the season will be upon us.

Cheers!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    ^^^^^^^^There ya go!^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Other than a bit of bacon, I don't buy store bought meat.
    Cheers!
    Congratulations on the elk, but what's this only a "bit of bacon?" Bacon, being, of course, one of the essential food groups. It sounds like bacon elk burgers might be the solution.

So this is the revised rule:

RULE 2:
    NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY. (Unless you enjoy the feeling of drawing a bead on that particular living creature during a bike ride.)

The above was a joke... total sarcasm.

I'm no stranger to hunting and consume a lot of meat I've killed myself. It just struck me as odd, but do your thing dude. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 09-19-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    So this is the revised rule:

RULE 2:
    NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY. (Unless you enjoy the feeling of drawing a bead on that particular living creature during a bike ride.)

The above was a joke... total sarcasm.

I'm no stranger to hunting and consume a lot of meat I've killed myself. It just struck me as odd, but do your thing dude. Not my circus, not my monkeys.
    As you hunt through the woods you have no idea what things you are muzzling without realizing it. Got to draw a line on commander's intent somewhere. We know where each draws it then.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    As you hunt through the woods you have no idea what things you are muzzling without realizing it. Got to draw a line on commander's intent somewhere. We know where each draws it then.
    That is certainly not true for me and is only true if you have no idea where your muzzle is pointed.

Dude... on closer inspection that antelope had a heater stashed in his belt and a gang tatoo that says "thug lyfe"

Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 09-19-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Let him be. Don't shoot!! He's just turning his life around!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    That is certainly not true for me and is only true if you have no idea where your muzzle is pointed.
    Do you hold your lever action by the receiver walking a trail? Could be an out of season turkey in that brush out in front a ways. Same for shouldering it when you hear hooves in the leaves approaching. Whether you noticed that sparrow or not. Thats the bizarre standard in this epic thread drift. See above if you missed it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Do you hold your lever action by the receiver walking a trail? Could be an out of season turkey in that brush out in front a ways. Same for shouldering it when you hear hooves in the leaves approaching. Whether you noticed that sparrow or not. Thats the bizarre standard in this epic thread drift. See above if you missed it.
    Please refrain from projecting your actions on me. I do not do what you seem to think is absolute. My muzzle is pointed at the ground a few feet away from me, regardless of action type. Or it is in a holster. I don't shoulder my gun at a sound, and think that is a horrible idea. I have not said anything about standards, simply that I don't do what you obviously do.

User Tag List