Page 20 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bore carry/general purpose outdoorsmen revolver pic and discussion thread

Broke in the 3" .44 Mag with 240 gr. Hornady XTP's. Very low flash, very high pain....I am paying dearly for all those years of shooting a lot of big bore revolver.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Broke in the 3" .44 Mag with 240 gr. Hornady XTP's. Very low flash, very high pain....I am paying dearly for all those years of shooting a lot of big bore revolver.
    I feel your pain today. Just got back from breaking in the KB. 25rds of S&B 240gr JSP and 12 of Barnes 225gr XPB. I'm missing a little flesh and my hand feels like I ran a ton of heavy +P's out of an airweight. I'm thinking I shoulda bought the Alaskan instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

^ ^ ^ I'm really liking the 44 spl in the 4" 24 and medium level loads. I'm not sure the shoulder would like the heavy loads in the 44 mag at this point. I think some 200 gr cast loads in the spl may be even better yet, rather than the 240-250's.

This is why I'm reduced to shooting WCs from my 642s...................

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This is why I'm reduced to shooting WCs from my 642s...................
    Trust me. It gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Trust me. It gets worse.
    Several years ago I decided it may be a good idea to lay hands on a K-32 for cheap and mild shooting when I was more geezerly. I waited too long. They had been discovered and werent $300 any longer.

The K-22 is great though, as is the 22 conversion kit on the 1911. A Colt Woodsman may be a good investment in shooting fun.

I am going to try to find the Speer GD short barreled 200 grain .44 Mag load that sounds like it Gould be great for the short pigs.....and old hands.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I am going to try to find the Speer GD short barreled 200 grain .44 Mag load that sounds like it Gould be great for the short pigs.....and old hands.
    Hen's teeth. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The 240gr@~1200fps Hydra Shok isn't too bad out of my 3" 629.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Hen's teeth. Good luck.
    Yea, I am finding that.

User Tag List