Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: electronic ear muffs

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Is there any significant difference between those and the TCI models (made by Sordin)? They claim "Environmental standards and performance exceed Supreme and Pro-X", but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy99 View Post
    Is there any significant difference between those and the TCI models (made by Sordin)? They claim "Environmental standards and performance exceed Supreme and Pro-X", but who knows.
    I have not tried that model, so "not sure" would be my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I was eyeing the neckband model, thinking that it'd likely be more comfortable in conjunction with a cap or hat. No downsides for neckband vs. conventional headband?
    I needed mine to go under a helmet, and work with ball caps (required on the range at work) or with cold weather head gear. The strap model does all of the above very well.

I needed mine to go under a helmet, and work with ball caps (required on the range at work) or with cold weather head gear. The strap model does all of the above very well.
    If we are talking Sordins I totally agree with this^. I don't wear helmets but the strap model with gel cups is nice. Note: If you toss your gear in the back of the truck like I do, the gel cups are cold this time of year when you first put them on.

I have a pair coming Tuesday from my dad, as well as picking up an HK45c I bought Friday so I'll report back on my feelings when I try them both next week.

From what I've read is that TCI sources the cups/headband from MSA/Sordin and inside it's all TCI electronics and programming.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I have a pair coming Tuesday from my dad, as well as picking up an HK45c I bought Friday so I'll report back on my feelings when I try them both next week.

From what I've read is that TCI sources the cups/headband from MSA/Sordin and inside it's all TCI electronics and programming.
    Sounds like a very Merry Christmas for you then. I know the TCI models are very popular on Lightfighter. At about $300, I'm not sure what the price point is where you reach the point of diminishing returns.

I guess the Christmas gift guide for active hearing is:

Howard Leight: $42
    Peltor Tactical 6S: $51
    MSA Sordins: $156-$285
    TCI (based on Sordin): Starting at $287
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 12-27-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Sounds like a very Merry Christmas for you then. I know the TCI models are very popular on Lightfighter. At about $300, I'm not sure what the price point is where you reach the point of diminishing returns.

I guess the Christmas gift guide for active hearing is:

Howard Leight: $42
    Peltor Tactical 6S: $51
    MSA Sordins: $156-$285
    TCI (based on Sordin): Starting at $287
    Haven't been able to shoot yet since turns out my FFL is out of town and my HK45c is in UPS limbo until he gets back on Monday

But overall, without having experience with the actual MSA/Sordin Supreme series before this and wanting a pair for years, build quality is great, comfort with the gel cups is amazing, and I like the DEHPs added lanyard for the battery cover. As far as first impressions with the TCI electronics; good volume range on the amplification, audio quality is very clear and no clipping effects or breaks in the audio during bark testing thanks to my welsh corgi, Brock Samson. The fiancé is already planning on stealing them for the the concert she's taking me to as an xmas gift.

I'll report back when I get to the range with a few hundred rounds of .45, if anybody has any specific questions I'll try my best to answer.

Had my first issue with my Pro-X's. For $18 total SRSTactical repaired them under warranty and got them back to me in 12 days total, 4 of them being weekend days. Old battery compartment had an issue. Newer models do not exhibit this issue and the tech who called me explained that most repair work is on the older ones for this issue.

So daily use for over 4 years including all weather conditions and heavy sweating in the summer for yard work can't kill them.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I've got this model;
    http://www.srstactical.com/communica...and/76302.html

They have been bullet proof for almost ten years now. Worn on SWAP activities, FoF, lots of range time in all weather conditions, sitting in the car for weeks at a time, and otherwise generally abused. Works bare headed, with a ball cap, or under a K-pot.

I wish I had something like this available at the beginning of my SWAT career instead of at the end, I wouldn't have all this ringing in my ears now.

Highly recommended.
    I think I just figured out what to ask Santa for Xmas.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Sordin Pro-X that just delivered yesterday. They sure feel phenomenal. I think I shall sleep next to them too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List