Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAFETY ADVISORY: Winchester Ranger Bonded 9mm 147 grain (Q4364)

SAFETY ADVISORY: Winchester Ranger Bonded 9mm 147 grain (Q4364)

Source: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU)
    Nov 12, 2013

Winchester Ranger Bonded 9mm 147 grain (Part Number Q4364)

The National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit has determined that all Winchester Ranger Bonded
    9mm Luger 147 grain (part number Q4364) ammunition is no longer authorized for duty carry because
    of reliability issues. The Winchester Q4364 ammunition does not meet the NFTTU quality standards for
    duty carry ammunition. This ammunition was procured through another Federal agency to supplement a
    shortage of ICE 9mm duty ammunition.

Firearms Instructors and Ammunition Control Officers must immediately identify and discontinue use of
    this ammunition for duty carry. Identification of this ammunition type is shown below. ALL lots of this
    ammunition should be isolated and inventoried and all boxes/cases should be labeled “training and
    qualification use only”.

For any additional questions related to this ammunition notice, please contact NFTTU Customer Service
    via email at (REDACTED) or telephonically at (REDACTED).

This advisory notice can be viewed on the NFTTU Intranet site at: (REDACTED)
    It remains absolutely essential that even the highest quality duty/carry ammunition, from the most reliable and most vetted sources, be continually test fired in guns used in the defense of life. Please check your inventories, consult your controlling authority for ammunition issue and purchasing, and take any actions indicated by them or the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Source: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, National Firearms and Tactical Training Unit (NFTTU)
    Nov 12, 2013

It remains absolutely essential that even the highest quality duty/carry ammunition, from the most reliable and most vetted sources, be continually test fired in guns used in the defense of life. Please check your inventories, consult your controlling authority for ammunition issue and purchasing, and take any actions indicated by them or the manufacturer.
    I don't see a lot # called out. What is the problem with the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    No lot number provided. Problems reported were non-specific failures to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    It said "all"; as in, all lots, I imagine.

But I too would like to know what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Problems reported were non-specific failures to fire.
    Interesting…

FBI Contract ammo?

Breaking out the Hornady Critical Duty stash...

(Don't judge. It's what I can find locally in quantity...)

Critical Duty seems to be the only thing that's available in quantity anywhere.

I idly wonder whether there are any reports of these unspecificed problems affecting RA9T, seeing as I've got a ton of it and am going to be very traumatized if I have to consign it to "practice only" status.

I've been using this as my carry ammo. Thanks for the heads up. Going to use it up for training.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I've been using this as my carry ammo. Thanks for the heads up. Going to use it up for training.
    Same here. I think I have 500 rounds of it. It is going to be some expensive training ammo. I am glad I have some HST left.

User Tag List