Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Finally had a change to run a couple of hundred rounds through my 42. Had 1 stove pipe using Winchester hollow point (the cheap white box kind) that I am pretty certain was ammo related. The round felt VERY soft when fired. Little recoil, so I assume it was a low charge. Everything else went through it like shit through a goose. Monarch (notoriously) underpowered, the Winchester and Hornady XT. Didn't try the PD stuff. So far so good.

Hopefully Glock will do right by those with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Finally had a change to run a couple of hundred rounds through my 42. Had 1 stove pipe using Winchester hollow point (the cheap white box kind) that I am pretty certain was ammo related. The round felt VERY soft when fired. Little recoil, so I assume it was a low charge. Everything else went through it like shit through a goose. Monarch (notoriously) underpowered, the Winchester and Hornady XT. Didn't try the PD stuff. So far so good.

Hopefully Glock will do right by those with issues.
    I'm really digging mine. So far I've only fed it FMJ, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love shooting this little gun.

Glock is really missing some DEEP sales by not making this frame/size in a .22LR. I have no use for a .380, but I'd buy a pair of .22s this size in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Glock is really missing some DEEP sales by not making this frame/size in a .22LR. I have no use for a .380, but I'd buy a pair of .22s this size in a heartbeat.

That should be the G44.

Site Supporter
    Small semi 22s are not free of jamming problems. I had a PT-22 which was a horror and I shot a Beretta 21 which was the same. I know some folks here have had good luck with the Berettas but all these semis have to be proofed for trust in carry, I pontificate.

I'd sure buy a .22 this size, or a conversion slide, in order to get more trigger time for carrying my .380
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Small semi 22s are not free of jamming problems. I had a PT-22 which was a horror and I shot a Beretta 21 which was the same. I know some folks here have had good luck with the Berettas but all these semis have to be proofed for trust in carry, I pontificate.
    Most of the malfunction issues in single stack .22 pistol magazines stem from rim lock. Walther figured out how to stop this, via the slot on later P22 mags. My numerous AA .22 kit G19 magazines (staggered, stack and a half column) have never failed to feed; the issues I've had with that arrangement have been extraction ones, but I think I finally got that handled, via someone else's brainstorm.

From what I've seen, the G42 magazine would easily accomodate a "stack and a half" column of .22 cartridges. IOW, Glock could make it work without a lot of effort, IMO.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, i'm hoping Advantage Arms make's conversion kit's for the 42 and 43.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    That should be the G44.
    In James' world, or do you have some inside information?

I had to send my G42 back to glock because of jams and FTF. They provided a shipping return fedex label so no cost to me and returned it in a week. They replaced the mags and new frame with the (2) inside, mine was a (1). Some say it's a rev. change and others said its a mold stamp. The pistol now runs flawlessl with the factory ammo I've been feeding it as well as reloaded lead and plated projectiles of 90-105 g weights. I really like this as a pocket pistol when I can't carry conceal a larger frame. It shoots very well.
    Mike

User Tag List