Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Mine is off to Glock. See what happens. They sent me the FedEx form and I took it to a hub. I once tried to send a gun to Glock through a local FedEx store and the clerk almost had a heart attack.
    I tried to ship magazines back to Glock from a UPS store and the person refused to ship them.

Magazines.

If I had tried to ship a gun I think she would have called in an active shooter to the local police and then passed out.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I tried to ship magazines back to Glock from a UPS store and the person refused to ship them.

Magazines.

If I had tried to ship a gun I think she would have called in an active shooter to the local police and then passed out.

"Machined Parts."

Yeah. Unfortunately, the ship to address was "Glock" so I get the impression I could have said I was shipping unicorn giggles and cupcake sprinkles and still gotten the same answer.

S&W (and one UPS guy) told me to use "SWHC" some time ago to prevent this sort of thing. The Glock rep sounded like he was more interested in getting me to go away than discussing the finer points of shipping.

Back when I used to ship FDE PMag's to friends in Iraq and Afghanistan, I would always throw in a few cheap paperbacks for them to read. Then on the declaration form, I would write "Books and magazines".

We never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Then on the declaration form, I would write "Books and magazines".
    lol

Nice...

Use "GI" not Glock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Use "GI" not Glock.
    Thanks. Duly noted.

Site Supporter
    Yeah. Unfortunately, the ship to address was "Glock" so I get the impression I could have said I was shipping unicorn giggles and cupcake sprinkles and still gotten the same answer.

S&W (and one UPS guy) told me to use "SWHC" some time ago to prevent this sort of thing. The Glock rep sounded like he was more interested in getting me to go away than discussing the finer points of shipping.

Last few times Smith's label was addressed to "SAW"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    ...Then on the declaration form, I would write "Books and magazines".
    Again, I am disturbed by the lack of a "like" button...

Magazines.

I would never ship anything firearm related from a UPS store. I do, however, get my georgia and freedom arms shipments there; they have to sign for them. About half the employees don't care, and about half care enough to be verbal about it--not in the best form.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It has been a while, but I thought the changes were to the slide stop (with the revised slide stop marked -1) and the magazines.
    I was referring to the mold number inside the frame. The current magazine is 33249 02. There have been changes in the SSL, Trigger housing, and the current frames are slightly different than the originals. That's not unusual though. New parts for all the models come out all the time. SSL's, magazine followers, etc... Engineers never stop working.

User Tag List