Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Mine hasn't improved much with use. Trigger is still heavy but the sluggish return has gone away. I still get the occasional failure to feed when manually cycling the slide. The slide release is still pretty stiff and I have to be very deliberate with it when using it for slide lock reloads.

I carry it in my pocket when working around the house a lot. The slide release and FTFs are keeping me from carrying it anywhere else. I'm considering moving to a PM9 or P290RS or even going back to a revolver instead. I think I'm going to contact Glock first and see if they will work on it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

So far my impulse buy has run through a box each of Wolf, WWB, Fiocchi, Privvy and two of Federal ball, and a box of Brown Bear JHP, zero stoppages.

Shooting the Privvy yesterday, standing off hand at the 25, indoor range so crappy lighting, crappy stock sights, gun is too small for my hands,,,, still managed a 13 round 4" group.
    I meant to keep everything in the A zone on the IPSC target but I snuck one out the top, barely, since I was either holding a bit high, or the gun is shooting high.

Very low recoil gun, zero snap to it. This might be a most excellent OMG, or in my case a gym shorts gun to replace my S&W 317

My wife and I have one. I now have the early one, that went back to Glock for updating, to solve poor reliability. Now both seem to run fine.

Got 400+ rounds of Black Hills and Fioochi loads with the 90 grain XTP bullet. We are running this for practice, and if it continues to run, for carry -- replacing the Privy ball. This ammo feels good shooting.

Added HD sights, which are proportioned to the pistol. Interestingly, both sets of sights came minus the retaining screw for the front sight (robbed screws off Warren Glock sights).

Like Chuck reported, they are shooting machines. I went 4 hits in a row on an 8 inch plate at 50 yards right before dark tonight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife's 42 is going strong also. Pushing upwards of 500 rounds or so as of today and now that I have dies for loading .380 it will climb significantly over the next few months. I haven't been able to source a lot of different ammo types for it yet but Speer Got Dot 90gr JHP, Federal American Eagle 95gr ball, and PMC Bronze 90gr ball all run well. The only malfunction ever was the first round failing to be chambered from slide lock on the first mag. Since there have been zero issues. Hers is a new generation with the -1 stamping. The 42 really is a soft shooting pistol, super easy to shoot and groups well as a lot of you have stated. As a matter of fact I'll have to admit I've been stealing it for bike rides while I was waiting for my M&P's to show up. If I end up aggravating my nerve damage with the .357's I might end up carrying one of these as a bug instead, despite my serious dislike for .380 and new found fascination with .357 mag.

On another note, I dropped in a mag guts +1 follower and spring on two range mags for my wife. Those are running well and have not induced any king of a stoppage, they will continue to be just range mags until round count gets to be around 500 and I feel they are proven. The round count between the two of them is about 250 rounds. I've also found plus two extensions which add to mag length unlike the mag guts. 10-8 looks like they are going to produce sights for them as well. I think they are already selling T-cap for them. It looks like after marked support is going to be awesome for the G42 making it pretty practical. I didn't think that the aftermarket gear was going to catch fire after all the complaining on the interwebz but it sure as hell is. I hope they come out with one in 9mm, even if it has to be a tinny bit larger.

Just got a 42 for my better half. Any update on accessories for them like sights? Slide stop is a pain in the ass to release and I see Vicker's Tactical has made an extended one for them.

Craig, Ameriglo has G42 specific sights. That's the route I am going to go
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Just got a 42 for my better half. Any update on accessories for them like sights? Slide stop is a pain in the ass to release and I see Vicker's Tactical has made an extended one for them.
    I love the Trijicon HD's for the G42.

Site Supporter
    I really like the Vicker's slide release for it, makes slide lock reloads much easier. I had HD's on mine but didn't care for them. Just swapped them for the Ameriglo 42 specific rear and the TCAP front. I like this sight set up a lot.

FWIW, I went with the tru glo G42 set up.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/185...um-fiber-optic

Just FYI there are a ton of Ameriglo G42 sights on ebay including the Spartan Tactical version.

User Tag List