Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Sure looks good, no doubt.

I finally got to shoot the 42 this weekend. I expected to hate it, and was only shooting it to bust balls on the friend that bought it... I walked away liking it. It knocked down the steel on the plate rack at 15 yards with ease. It was soft shooting, had a decent stock Glock trigger, just needs new sights.

I have never wanted a .380, and have not enjoyed shooting LCPs and such. This Glock is making think I may have to buy one.

I sooooo want it in 9mm.

Question, are the sights the same size as the full size? Do many parts interchange? I did not think to strip the gun when we were at the range...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    The 250rds I put thru it were enough for me to decide it was a keeper. It's a bug so it's not gonna see much more range time other than running some HP ammo run thru it to see which ammo runs best in it. I had the work done to address the two gripes I had about the box-stock grip.
    My G42 loves Hornady Critical Defense. It put 5 rounds in a 1.25" group right in the x-ring. Best ball load for me is the Remington Leadless at 1.5". Best ever group was 1" with a hand load using a 95 grain Montana Gold JHP and N310. All groups shot at 15 yards. The gun doesn't like +P loads. It shoots good groups with them, but locks the slide open at in opportune times. Gun wouldn't cycle with Privi ball, everything else non +p works 100%.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Does anyone else with a 42 have a trigger that's slow to return to battery? I can't figure it out and I'm trying to decide if it's a problem or not. Never had this experience on any other firearm.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    Does anyone else with a 42 have a trigger that's slow to return to battery? I can't figure it out and I'm trying to decide if it's a problem or not. Never had this experience on any other firearm.
    The trigger definitely feels "sluggish" when manipulating in dry fire. I don't notice it when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    The trigger definitely feels "sluggish" when manipulating in dry fire. I don't notice it when shooting.
    Check the orientation of the front leg of the cruciform with the trigger spring. It needs to be retained underneath the forward upright lip on the spring. See the photo below. It will function if placed above it, such as the cruciform orientation over a NY spring), but you will get intermittent soft resets or a dead trigger altogether.

The phones are already ringing as folks dink with their guns and screw this up. It's also an easy tell that troop has been doing things to his new BUG that he shouldn't.

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Thanks Skintop. I'll have to look at this when I get home. I haven't done anything beyond a filed strip and clean so might be a slip from the factory. Or someone from the LGS was messing with stuff before I picked it up.

Thanks Skintop. I'll have to look at this when I get home. I haven't done anything beyond a filed strip and clean so might be a slip from the factory. Or someone from the LGS was messing with stuff before I picked it up.
    Just double checked mine. It is in the proper orientation.

Mine looks correct. How much space should there be between the trigger bar and frame? A piece of paper will not slide freely between the two in my 42. It will on my other Glocks.

User Tag List