Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

I was just adding new substantive content to the discussion.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Cool! Glock has an Officers model now! Or Mustang. Whichever.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Cool! Glock has an Officers model now!
    The officer's model is the 19/23. This is the Toys R Us model.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I was just adding new substantive content to the discussion.
    Yes, another Datapoint!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I am starting to wonder if Kahr Arms bought the "JodyH" screen name.

Another possibility is Jody is legit, and Kahr Arms noting Uncle Mike's is sponsoring the female GM now, is signing Jody up to be their pro shooter, after reading of the 7.0 FAST. Anyone checked to see if the Pocket-Training.com domain has been reserved by Jody or Kahr?
    Last edited by GJM; 02-05-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am starting to wonder if Kahr Arms bought the "JodyH" screen name.
    Whereas some screen names appear to be available on craigslist for a one month lease.
    Ignore Alien Orders

It's unfortunate that the G42 didn't seem to like the Barnes in that video. IF I knew someone who was intent on carrying a suboptimal caliber, Barnes would be my first choice of ammunition to recommend.

Again, I don't have a G42, and won't own one unless my agency decides to resurrect the .380 as an authorized personal carry caliber (and probably not even then). I do see where the G42 has a very limited "niche" role as a deep concealment pistol for recoil averse shooters, but, for now, there's no one in my circle who fits either that need or description. I guess I'll stick with my PM9 until the G43 appears...

Regards,

Kevin

While Barnes makes some excellent bullets, I wouldn't carry them in the .380, 8" in gelatin is not enough penetration IMHO

Picked my blue label up. 8" of snow and minus teens wind chill. No range testing today. Tabletop impressions;

It is smaller and lighter than I expected it to be. All this talk about it being about the same size as a Shield isn't true. The numbers may look close but side by side they aren't really that close. The 42 easily fits in the front pockets of my Levi's and the Shield will but not easily. The 42 feels and looks like a small wallet. The shield feels and looks like, well, a pistol in my pocket. I have an unused Mika pocket holster for an XDs and the 42 is swallowed by it. Fits perfectly in a cheapo uncle Mike's #03.

Glock did a good job making this pistol snag free. Nothing feels cheap or out of place. The controls are big enough to actually use. No extra flashing on the frame or machine marks on the inside or outside of the slide. Everything about this little pistol is quality.

The 42 fits MY hand very well for how small it is. It points very naturally but sometimes slightly left. I'm curious to see if I have the same issues with it impacting a little left as others have noted. I hate to say it but I actually feels kind of Kahr like?

The sights are so much better than sights on some of the other small pistols I've tested. Why does Glock insist on continuing to make them out of plastic though? I could honestly be happy with the stock sights on a pistol this size but not when I have to worry about them breaking.

The trigger is interesting. It's definitely heavier than my other Gen 4's and I believe the 9# pull that others found. I don't have a gauge to verify. I think the weight will be a nonissue. Initial take up is heavy, breaks cleanly, reset is short and strong. Here's the strange part, from reset to fully released the trigger is slow. Like hydraulically operated slow. I haven't cleaned it yet so maybe that will fix it but I believe that there is something in the trigger system rubbing against the frame. I don't like this and I plan on finding out what it is and fixing it. I release the trigger fully on every shot and not to reset. I think the slow trigger is going to be a huge issue for me. If anyone has insight on this please let me know.

One really disappointing thing other than caliber. It only comes with two magazines. Every other blue label I've ever purchased has shipped with three magazines.

Over all impression are that I really like this pistol. I know that feel is subjective and a dumb reason to own a pistol but the 42 just feels really good. If Glock came out with one of these the size or a shield or smaller in 9mm they would absolutely dominate the small single stack market. I still haven't decided if I'll keep it or not and likely won't for a few months. To tell you the truth it ticks me off even more that they didn't build a 9mm first because this pistol is so well done. From a pure sales standpoint I understand the strategy. If they had a 9mm I never would have bought one in 380 and I'm sure there are 1000's of other people that share my point of view on that.

I can't wait for range testing. Round count will creep up though as I've never owned a 380, had zero ammo on hand, and funds are limited. I have a buddy that used to own a bodyguard and we're planning on combining our ammo supplies to push the round count up as quickly as possible.

I'll post a couple pics later.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Why hate the messenger?

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List