Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I will put one of those proverbial PF dollars up on that.
    Hold it 'til 2016, since that's when the 2014 BATFE data will be available, but, sure, I'll take your money.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    and "the Glock 42 will have more accessories, from sights to holsters, than all the rest of competing .380 pistols combined"?
    There are already five different companies developing sights for the G42. That's just for sights. There will be a wider range of holsters made because they'll be pocket, ankle, and belt holsters by the bushel. I'm betting we see trigger kits and the like before winter ends. Every light and laser known to man will be made for it. Etc.

I will put one of those proverbial PF dollars up on that.
    PF dollars are not proverbial...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There are already five different companies developing sights for the G42. That's just for sights.
    Well, aftermarket makers sure weren't going to do *that* for Elsie...
    I could see the support industry spooling up faster than ever on this gun because A) the .380 market has been proven fruitful by other makers and, B) as Tamara so sagely noted, once a Glock comes out, the same inertial force that keeps them from Taurusing out new models by the bushel also keeps the guns in production. That's easy for the aftermarket to justify pushing product up for.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There are already five different companies developing sights for the G42. That's just for sights. There will be a wider range of holsters made because they'll be pocket, ankle, and belt holsters by the bushel. I'm betting we see trigger kits and the like before winter ends. Every light and laser known to man will be made for it. Etc.
    Obviously there will be more companies producing sights for the 42 like there are more companies making radiators for post-'98 911s.

However, you do realize that they make belt and paddle holsters for the LCP, right*? Because this is a world where the Judge exists. Trigger kits? Yeah, those too. You can bling your LCP to your heart's content. For heaven's sake, there're near a million of them out there; that's more than all the 1911s built from 1911 to the changeover to the A1 in 1926†. At this rate, they'll get their own colored page border in the Brownell's catalog (and I'm only half-joking when I say that.)

*That's right: Fobus, Bianchi, Blackhawk, Galco, Sigtac, et al, all of them make belt holsters for the LCP. Google it and stand agog at the silliness.
    700,000 1911s were made in that time period.
    Last edited by Tamara; 01-10-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Obviously there will be more companies producing sights for the 42 like there are more companies making radiators for post-'98 911s.
    One assumes, then, that post-98 911s don't have radiators?

My point wasn't "G42 has more sight options than LCP." My point was that sight companies, which are notoriously slow to commit to new designs, are already falling all over themselves for the G42.

However, you do realize that they make belt and paddle holsters for the LCP, right*?
    I'm sure they do. But do you honestly doubt G42 holsters will be more numerous by a wide margin?

If anything I said was read to suggest "no one can modify an LCP in any way," that was not in fact my intent. But given that Glock accessories probably outnumber LCP accessories by orders of magnitude I'd still be willing to bet on the G42 by that metric.

(and for the record, I'm still in for the $1 that they'll sell more G42s in the first year of sale than LCPs)

I have so much faith that Glock is going to come out with a 9mm version... that I bought another M&P Shield today.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have so much faith that Glock is going to come out with a 9mm version... that I bought another M&P Shield today.
    Why that and not a PPS?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Why that and not a PPS?
    Trijicon HD (or Ameriglo ProGlo) sight availability is the primary reason.
    After running orange HD's for a while, standard 3-dot just don't cut it anymore for me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Trijicon HD (or Ameriglo ProGlo) sight availability is the primary reason.
    After running orange HD's for a while, standard 3-dot just don't cut it anymore for me.
    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...WP102-C-600743
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"Ships in 8 weeks"... been down that 6 month road with the P2000 HD's.
    My Shield HD's will be here Tuesday.

User Tag List