Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    Back on topic, it is interesting to see how the mood of this thread has shifted over 40 pages.
    The summation of what was "wrong" with the Glock 42 seemed it was too big, too late, and too expensive.

If this pistol turns out to be successful, it appears that it will largely be because of Glock's decision not to follow in the path of the LCP, with another small but unpleasant to shoot .380, but rather the decision to bring out a small service pistol, very much a Glock in appearance and function, that happened to be chambered in .380.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    +1.

Back on topic, it is interesting to see how the mood of this thread has shifted over 40 pages.
    Yep.
    I think a street price under $400 is going to be squarely in the "why not?" range for a bunch of people that might not normally buy it.
    And if they can get a 9mm version going at a similar price... (provided it's not a POS and comes out soonish, preferably no later than the next SHOT if not before).

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I am interested, and intend to find a way to get a case of .380 ammo and one of these pistols.
    My LE dealer has offered to let me run his T&E sample once it comes in.....whenever that may be. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Not only can, but has been made IMO. As I said earlier it seems a fair part of the upper tier shooters look down on small guns and small calibers, but when one gets out in the real world of shooting badguys they seem to work pretty well. The .380 was used quite a bit for CCW, BUG, plainclothes, off-duty, and so on through a large part of the 20th Century and I just don't remember that many reports of failure to do the job adequately.
    Well, many street coppers have seen a number of people running around with nothing more than a boo-boo from being hit with a .380 round or rounds.

If the 42 is reliable, and I mean service pistol reliable not pocket pistol reliable, then I am in. Especially since this gun would seem to allow a better level of marksmanship when things get farther or more dynamical.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Still not sold on the .380.... I'm glad it seems like a nice little gun, but the buck stops for me at .38.

How many times can the same patient present to the ED with gunshots wounds from a .380 in one year?
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    How many times can the same patient present to the ED with gunshots wounds from a .380 in one year?
    LOL nice. Uhmmm . . . four?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You can't leave us hanging on that one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NGCSUGrad09 View Post
    The magazine loads very easily, and is sized for .380 only.
    This does seem to imply that a 9mm version would need a different frame.

If this pistol can handle hot loads, we may see some 'glock 42 only' .380 loads.

Maybe that would change things?

User Tag List