Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Two new Glocks are coming out at SHOT. One is a long slide .45ACP. The other is supposedly a pocket pistol.

The U.S. market Glock guys were pushing a .22lr, but the folks in Ostereich wouldn't go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    That is a G34/G35 length barrel.
    Right. Like I said, so long as they're introducing a G34 length .45, I'd like to see that paired with a single stack magazine, as opposed to the wide G21 frame. Adding 3/4 inch length to the G21 alone isn't that appealing to me, though the appeal for competitors is obvious.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-25-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Every year around SHOT these dumb Glock rumors pop up and every year they're not true.
    Well, if nothing new is shown in January, then you can tell us "I told you so!"

I wouldn't count on being able to do that…

I can't imagine Glock breaking tradition but what if they pulled a Springfield and produced a small single stack in three different calibers? Would that justify the 4X designation for a new model line?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    I can't imagine Glock breaking tradition but what if they pulled a Springfield and produced a small single stack in three different calibers? Would that justify the 4X designation for a new model line?
    I didn't think that comment through very well. What I was trying to say is if they are going to build a single stack I would think they would offer it in multiple calibers like the 26/27. I would personally be very interested in a single stack 26. It would be a double bonus if they could make it a 6 round magazine with length and height staying the same.

It appears to be the size of a 26 or a 27 in the shadowy image behind the lighter.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w.../glock-g42.jpg

hope its a new .42 caliber to take up the slack between the .40 and the .45

If they make a Longslide 45 with a 30S width slide....

I will not buy a glock, I will not buy a glock, I will not buy a glock...
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    If they make a Longslide 45 with a 30S width slide....

I will not buy a glock, I will not buy a glock, I will not buy a glock...
    I won't just buy one, I'd buy two or more.

Quote Originally Posted by mluikey View Post
    It appears to be the size of a 26 or a 27 in the shadowy image behind the lighter.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/w.../glock-g42.jpg
    I didn't even notice that before. Good eyes!

I just bought a blue label Gen 4 30 yesterday. Can't wait to get to the range with it. A Gen 4 single stack 26 would look really good next to it.

To tell you the truth, a thinner version of a 26 would be very cool. I haven't found a single stack that I shoot really well yet but I really get along well with the 26. The XDs comes very close but I've jumped off the bad wagon a little bit on that one.

I don't know how they would do it but making a one inch wide 26 would probably corner the market on small nines.

Glock has about a million ways to disappoint people with this one. I hope they don't screw it up.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List