Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    If they would have decided to offer what people actually want...
    Glock has, for the most part, been very good at offering what people want. I personally think this is their biggest misstep since their vanity cartridge, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7
    ...which is a single stack 9mm, and they tweaked the horrible Glock ergos...
    ...and made it hammer-fired, with a metal frame, and put "Beretta" rollmarks on it, and...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Glock has, for the most part, been very good at offering what people want. I personally think this is their biggest misstep since their vanity cartridge,
    So the record is clear, when a year from now when we come back to this thread and compare the prognostication with reality, what part is their "biggest misstep" -- would it be the cartridge, the price, the form factor, or something different?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For the right or wrong reasons, the gun will be a hit and they'll sell every one they make for a long time.

Glock already has a presence in the compact 9mm market in the US with the G26. They have no share of the pocket / more-compact market where .380 is reigning. Existing and prospective Glock users are having that niche supplied exclusively by the competition, a more urgent hole in the boat for GI than the lack of yet another 9mm.

I will bet another of those proverbial dollars, that the Glock 42 will have more accessories, from sights to holsters, than all the rest of competing .380 pistols combined.

Wonder if the Gadget will fit?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So the record is clear, when a year from now when we come back to this thread and compare the prognostication with reality, what part is their "biggest misstep" -- would it be the cartridge, the price, the form factor, or something different?
    Price and type of gun. They're going into the LCP market with PPS prices and a P3AT caliber. Glock collectors will buy it. Diehard Glock fans will buy it, if they're the type that's prone to buy 380s. The broader non-enthusiast CCW market buys on price first and size second and this thing falls down on both counts. Sure, Glock is a respected name to the Cletii, but so's Ruger. (I mean, if a Ruger wasn't a good gun, the Nazis wouldn't have used 'em in World War One.)

As far as the rest:

1) We're well past page five, and
    2) Not every difference of opinion in an internet forum is going to get resolved by the other person being put in a verbal naked rear choke until they tap out or pass out.

We disagree, dude; it's cool. I see what you're saying, and I just think it's wrong. It's okay to not agree.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I'm sure for every poster in this thread who states they would not buy it, Glock will sell 10K units. This is ok with me since I could care less. I do predict another run on .380 following the release, sadly this will probably effect the availabilty a 9mm in some areas as well.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    Because snobs exist, even in the Bubba crowd. Glock is perceived as high dollar. Bubba will drop a few extra bucks, if it lets him one up Cletus and his common Ruger.
    This is known as the 'Kimber Ploy".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

...and made it hammer-fired, with a metal frame, and put "Beretta" rollmarks on it, and...
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    This is known as the 'Kimber Ploy".
    It's not a ploy, it's a *Business Plan*

I am not fat, I am wearing organic body armor.
    "Foreign policy is best left to the people with a head for negotiation and satisfying others without really giving anything away: customer service representatives."
    - Sheepdog247

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The feedback I've seen on most forums seems to be negative.

Like Glock strangled Burt the chimney sweep in front of the Banks children negative.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List