Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

I'd heard a similar rumor that a ultra compact .380 was on the way from Glock USA. If so, my response is a hearty "meh."

If it's a ultra compact 9mm that can compete, size wise, with the PM9, then I'm interested. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Kahr...

Regards,

Kevin

Snooze.

Wake me up when Beretta re-imports the Steel I.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    If it's a single stack 9mm I will eat my shorts.

And then promptly run out and buy two of them.

Site Supporter
    If it's a Gen4 single stack 9mm, Shield size, i'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If it's a ultra compact 9mm that can compete, size wise, with the PM9, then I'm interested. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Kahr...
    What do you think Glock could do better than Kahr on a PM9-sized gun?
    Last edited by JV_; 11-25-2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixed missing /

We had a visit from the local area Glock rep a few weeks ago, at the lab. Without coming right out and saying so, he indicated that a new, micro-compact (?) pistol would be unveiled at S.H.O.T. in January.

There was a 9mm Shield on my bench; he pointed to it and said "We should make something like that."

Naturally, I leaped to the conclusion that it would be the long-awaited single stack 9mm, and my heart went all a-flutter. In retrospect, I'm betting he thought that the Shield was a small .380, and that was what he was hinting at.

I'll echo the thoughts of others here… if it is indeed a .380, then pardon me while I yawn. If its a 9mm… then they will have my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Aside from more consistent QC?

Its the trigger, man. The Kahr guns have triggers that are sufficiently different- via the long reset stroke- to "mess" with my programming. I had a P45; much a handful with "real" ammunition, but quite pleasant to shoot with my bullseye reloads. The problem was that I consistently short-stroked the trigger, being used to Glocks and the HK LEM. I wasn't allowing the trigger to go forward far enough.

That's the only reason I don't have a P9 today.

For the past six months, I have been searching, in vain, for a smaller/lighter concealed carry piece in 9mm that I'm comfortable with. Not interested in a .380. The Shield initially looked promising, but alas, after a pretty thorough run with it; nope.

Common sense tells me to get a P2000SK and be done, but I'm waiting until I see what Glock and HK have coming before I commit to that. Yes, I have a Glock 26, and carried it for a while in plain clothes some years back. It would do in a pinch, but I prefer the LEM system. However, if Glock is going to make that dream 9mm, then it's smaller width will trump the LEM; assuming I like the rest of the pistol.

Jesus… I feel like my wife selecting a freaking pair of shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Not sure. I prefer the Glock trigger over the Kahr trigger, though, so that might be an improvement. I also prefer the Glock pricepoint and accessory availability - though the former is largely negated by the fact that I have a PM9 and a ton of magazines already.

But, let's not fool ourselves, if it says "Glock" on the side, sight-makers, holster-makers and others will fall all over themselves to start cranking out options for accessories. For the Kahr, it's what you see is what you get WRT sights, at least...

Regards,

Kevin

Hmmm. My gut says .380, but I have nothing to go on besides having lived for a while and seen lots of Glock speculation over the years. If they go micro .380, they'll have the same reliability issues to overcome as everyone else.

User Tag List