Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 42?

Many years ago my department sent me to the Glock armorer's school. While there I had the opportunity to speak with a Glock rep and asked him about the possibility of a commander-sized big-bore (.45 ACP/10mm) to which he responded, "Why would we do that?"

When the rage of the single-stack subcompact gripped the market, I began a letter writing campaign to Glock begging for a gun in that configuration from them. All letters went unanswered.

My opinion is that due to the massive success Glock had with the introduction of the first mainstream polymer pistol, they sat back and rested on that success until companies began to become more and more innovative. Look how long it took for Glock to adopt the interchangeable backstraps that nearly every other company already had.

As much as I would love to see Glock produce a single-stack subcompact in 9mm and .40 S&W (as Kahr, Taurus and Smith and Wesson already have), I fear this is going to be another warmed-over modification to an existing gun in the same vein as they did recently with the G30S. I truly hope that I'm wrong and, as I told Glock in my letters, if they produce a single-stack subcompact in a major caliber, I'll be among the first in line to purchase one.

Actually I just heard it from a guy that talked to another guy that it's a new versions of the 36. The G30s has been so so successful that Glock has decided to produce a G36F. A 36 frame with a 30 slide.

In all seriousness, I've been spending a lot of time shooting a new Gen 4 30. My Gen 4 19 feels very petite when I pick it up now. It's really a shock to the system for a Glock 19 to feel thin and light. It has caused me to forget why I bought the 30 in the first place. It also reinforces my desire for a Gen 4 26 to use as my NPE gun.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

The G40 should be a 10mm long slide.
    The G41 should be a .45 ACP long slide.
    The G42 should be a small 9mm.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The G40 should be a 10mm long slide.
    I don't think Tinkerbell's coming back to life no matter how hard we clap.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

The 10mm may be in intensive care with the .357 SIG but it will survive. It is not on life support like the .45 GAP.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The 10mm may be in intensive care with the .357 SIG but it will survive. It is not on life support like the .45 GAP.
    The 10mm interest on the state local sell/trade board is pretty strong and consistent. I don't think it would take that much to surge again. The 10mm will rise again!!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The 10mm interest on the state local sell/trade board is pretty strong and consistent. I don't think it would take that much to surge again. The 10mm will rise again!!!!
    The thing with the 10mm is that it is exactly the right cartridge for a small number of applications, and the wrong one for a bunch more. Of all the guns that went bye bye in the great Post Divorce Get Out Of Debt Gun Selling Spree, that is really the only one I miss. Now that I live on 6 acres bordering a National Forest and spend so much time woods bumming, I could almost make a rational argument for owning another one, but so far haven't been willing to spend the $1k for a Glock 20, extra mags, XS sights, ammo, .40 conversion barrel, extra gunleather, and mag holder.

If Glock were to come out with a 5" to 5.25", double stack version, the Gun Hipster Debbil on my left shoulder might shout down the Financial Responsibility Angel on my right...

I would be interested in a single stack 10 millimeter Glock pistol as an "... ok state of Connecticut, you told me I can't have a lot of bullets, so I got really big bullets." gun.

the Glock 30 and Glock 29 are bit too fat for my hands, so I'm just not interested in buying either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I would be interested in a single stack 10 millimeter Glock pistol as an "... ok state of Connecticut, you told me I can't have a lot of bullets, so I got really big bullets." gun.

the Glock 30 and Glock 29 are bit too fat for my hands, so I'm just not interested in buying either of those.
    That's what I'd like to see. Apply tpd223's format for the ideal .40 that never was of the larger slide perhaps but a frame closer to the G17/22 size in a single stack. Maybe it would squeeze in 8 or 9. Add the Gen 4 RSAs and mag release. "Perfect packing pistol" (not ccw packing necessarily but . . . ).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List