Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10k P35 Update

Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Two piece barrel failure example:

Maybe I'm missing something but how does the fact that it's a two piece barrel have any effect on that lug failure?
    Dave Berryhill

The 2 piece barrels are heated to braze where the 1 piece are only heat treated.

I am not offering that as a cause of anything, just noting a difference.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Me, I think a batch went out that had inclusions in the part, and after a few broke, the legend was solidified. I had to work like hell to find the few broken examples I have.
    That seems unlikely given that people -- including some genuine BHP/P35 experts -- have reported similar breakages with aftermarket barrels.

I've put a few hundred thousand rounds mostly 9mm NATO SMG ammo that was effectively 124gr ++P++
    I've never had a two piece barrel - as most of those guns where Inglis No2 Mk1* Canadian Forces guns -- and never sheered a lug including 30k rounds on a 70's vintage custom Novak gun.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That seems unlikely given that people -- including some genuine BHP/P35 experts -- have reported similar breakages with aftermarket barrels.
    True enough.

That said, I recently had one of the "Tier 1" 1911 pistolsmiths tell me a flat bottom firing pin stop doesn't appreciably slow slide velocity as confirmed by high speed video. And installing one in my pro shortened the ejection distance nearly 2 ft.

And I had an engineer at uber German firearms manufacturer tell me forging makes for tougher slides than possible using billet because of better grain alignment. Even with a heat treat being involved.

This is not to imply i have the answers. Rather, I'm not going to accept convention without substantiation.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

User Tag List