Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KSTG at NRA 26-Nov-13

We are diminished

KSTG at NRA 26-Nov-13

KSTG match
    Tuesday 26-November-2013
    $25
    Estimated Round Count: 75
    Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

Registration begins 8am Monday 11-November. Limited spots still available. Call 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.

Please note: Beginning this month, anyone who has never shot a KSTG match before, regardless of other competition shooting or similar experience, will be required to attend a 30-minute rules & safety brief immediately before their scheduled squad start time. In other words, if you have not shot a KSTG match previously you need to show up at least 30 minutes early for the briefing. Missing the briefing will disqualify you from the match.

Shooters who have previously competed in a KSTG match are also welcome to attend the briefing if they wish. Effective immediately the match staff will no longer include detailed explanations of game rules as part of stage descriptions. Competitors are expected to know the rules when they walk onto the bay.

Are the squads still starting on the hour? I called to sign up today, and was told the squads ran at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc. Wasn't sure if the new briefing was changing the scheduling?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Are the squads still starting on the hour? I called to sign up today, and was told the squads ran at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc. Wasn't sure if the new briefing was changing the scheduling?
    Squads still start on the hour I think. They were supposed to. I'll have to call NRA and check. Perhaps there was a miscomm.

We are diminished
    Confirmed that shooting begins on the hour each hour just like always. The class (mandatory for anyone who hasn't shot KSTG before, voluntary for everyone else) begins half an hour before the shooting and should take about 20 minutes.

Thanks Todd - I'll call back and figure out which time I'm starting. I'm guessing they told me the time to report early for the brief.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I just got a voice message from the NRA HQ Range confirming my sign-up on the 9PM squad (and to call them back if that needs to be changed). That was interesting; I don't think I've ever gotten a message like that before.
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

We are diminished
    They're contacting everyone who signed up to make sure the SNAFU about the start time is cleared up.

I guess when I get back into town I better sign up.

LLB - what squadtime ?
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I guess when I get back into town I better sign up.

LLB - what squadtime ?
    I'll try to call today but I think we're too late
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    Not too late to be there at noon to help set up and then shoot the match at 4pm before the riffraff -- I mean customers! -- show up...

User Tag List