Page 30 of 680 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Haven't messed any with the bolt release, been too busy.

Did get a chance to run a fresh lot of Federal 8 pellet #00 Flitecontrol (LE133 00) through my 1301 Tactical today though.
    At 35 yards all 8 pellets were inside the -0 on a IDPA target and recoil was negligible.
    It's currently loaded 7+1 with the Fed #00 and leaning against the wall next to my bed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

This thread is pretty dead..... Anyways Nordic has a new mag tube specifically for the 1301 wonder if anyone bought it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ber1301TAC View Post
    This thread is pretty dead..... Anyways Nordic has a new mag tube specifically for the 1301 wonder if anyone bought it yet?
    I have it, works good.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Finally got a chance to shoulder one. Still wish I could find someone in Az who actually has one. I'd like to get some trigger time w one before I take the plunge & buy.

Heck I'd buy them lunch for letting me play.

I think this shotgun w/ Aimpoint T-1 would be perfect for a whitetail / brush gun here on the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have it, works good.
    GJM could you possibly post a pic/two of it and any additional feedback on it?

FredM as I have a T1 on each of my VCS 870s, exactly what I will do when I buy a 1301.

Micro-Aimpoint is a superb addition to shotguns:

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Micro-Aimpoint is a superb addition to shotguns:

I love that photo. I don't know how many hours it took you to get those guns in that shape but they look precisely how tactical shotguns should look in my opinion.

My 1301 is at Brockman's getting the "Jody" part replaced, so no pictures for now. Nordic +1 or 2 (can't remember).

I would be extremely disappointed if the man with a red dot on his pistol didn't have one on his shotgun. I have come full circle, and expect to have Jim Brockman inlet the rib on my 1301 for a pistol HD sight, although I also have the ability to use a zeroed T1 in a QD Larue -- gives me the best of both worlds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I shot a buddy's 1301, 21" Comp recently in a class. Bear in mind I mainly shoot 870s and had and shot Benelli M1 Super 90s in the past. Also bear in mind I have not shot shot a shotgun much in years.
    I had never shot a 1301 Comp before. It had a extended tube +1 I believe.
    The problem presented was: to shoot the 12 yard target until the whistle blew, then load a slug and shoot the 40+ yard target. I leaned into the gun and ran it like a carbine. It was empty when the slug select whistle was blown. This made the transition to slug easy. I was using full power OO buck.
    This is the fastest cycling 12 ga I have ever shot. It did not kick much. Several people asked about the "full auto setting." It felt very smooth and easy like an AK or FAL being rapid fired up close. It did not feel like I was rushing. I'm not a big guy 6' 195.

Questions:
    I want a 1301 Comp to set up with a light, iron sights, T1.
    Should I get the 24", cut to 18+, get the 21" and live with it?
    I'm thinking, tritium sights, T1, EAG Fury Surefire.

Any help will be appreciated.

User Tag List