Page 169 of 683 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 6822

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Yes that's how I had it before Aridus. Worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    If you didn't have an Aridus carrier latch to accommodate, could you have flipped the 1301 around so the charging handle faced away from the wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LWRC two-hole QD rail segment. Not going to work. Bolts on, but doesn't sit flat (bottom surface anticipates some particular non-flat hand guard shape). And even if it did sit flat, it's too close to the Nordic clamp to allow anything to hook onto the rail portion.

I have been messing with a M4 (with the very nice Scalarworks mount), and a 1301 T, now that is has Tom's shroud, as Brenneke launchers. For two shotguns that would appear to be very similar, they have very different personalities.

The 1301 feels like it is filled with helium, where the M4 feels dense. I prefer the 1301 safety, as it is quicker to shot one, and supports my finger indexed straight along the receiver ready position. I give the M4 points for the Scalarworks mount. Both seem to shoot Brenneke slugs well. The 1301 is lighter. Recoil pretty close. The 1301 has a better feeling stock to me. I prefer the shorter LOP on the 1301 stock, and it makes the shotgun's overall length closer to the M4, despite the M4 being a 14 inch model. Shells insert into the 1301 tube with less force. The M4 seems like it would be more indestructible over the long term, but that is unproven.

Name:  IMG_1866.jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  29.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

BZ & a Slight Lane Veer > Nordic Sale Happening

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been messing with a M4 (with the very nice Scalarworks mount), and a 1301 T, now that is has Tom's shroud, as Brenneke launchers. For two shotguns that would appear to be very similar, they have very different personalities.

The 1301 feels like it is filled with helium, where the M4 feels dense. I prefer the 1301 safety, as it is quicker to shot one, and supports my finger indexed straight along the receiver ready position. I give the M4 points for the Scalarworks mount. Both seem to shoot Brenneke slugs well. The 1301 is lighter. Recoil pretty close. The 1301 has a better feeling stock to me. I prefer the shorter LOP on the 1301 stock, and it makes the shotgun's overall length closer to the M4, despite the M4 being a 14 inch model. Shells insert into the 1301 tube with less force. The M4 seems like it would be more indestructible over the long term, but that is unproven.

Name:  IMG_1866.jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  29.5 KB
    Thanks for the comparison & pic George, informative & well done.

My swerve is to advise Nordic Components is having a big ass sale, 20% off all SG accessories.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-13-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I just got the email and took advantage of that sale!

We are just about to pile in the helicopter to go ridge hiking, and I am taking the 1301 as it is enough lighter than the M4 to matter.

I just got the email and took advantage of that sale!

We are just about to pile in the helicopter to go ridge hiking, and I am taking the 1301 as it is enough lighter than the M4 to matter.
    Hope you CONTINUE to update the Alaska adventures thread, period.

Back to swerving again as in a prior life I had an M1 Entry SBS + an M3. Thinned the herd after moving to Tx & becoming a neighbor of Paul's not to mention some cat named DB, thus my 2 VCS 870s & 1301T (w/ T1s) work well in this life.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-13-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Hiking up a hill today, with 1301T in hand, it struck me that the 1301T, equipped with Tom's shroud, may be the Glock 19 of shotguns.

Site Supporter
    Hiking up a hill today, with 1301T in hand, it struck me that the 1301T, equipped with Tom's shroud, may be the Glock 19 of shotguns.
    Except, unfortunately, that the 1301 is the opposite of popular and ubiquitous. Thanks to this thread, I ended up buying mine off of GunBroker without ever having even seen one in person because of the virtual impossibility of finding one in a brick and mortar store. And no one outside of the gun nerd cognoscenti has heard of it.

All of which to me shows how mystifyingly dysfunctional the gun industry/market is, because I have come to regard the 1301 (in conjunction with the necessary Tau, Nordic, and Aridus accessories) as one of the best general purpose civilian shoulder fired defensive weapons ever made.

I've had mine for about 3 months and it's been excellent. Are there any replacement bolt handles available? I'm not a huge fan of polymer and would prefer an aluminum handle.

If my 1301 develops ejection problems, I'm blaming you.

On topic: what are people's thoughts about the recoil of the 1301? I'm coming from a Remington 870P, and the 1301 feels noticeable heavier. I no longer have the 870 so this may just be Rosy Retrospection, but I did expect the gas system to soak up a bit of the recoil.

User Tag List