Page 10 of 678 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I got to fondle a 1301 tactical today. Very nice. If I could find a 1301 comp it would already be home with me. (If I could justify it I'd buy one of each, and a matching a400 sporting type variant)
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I was able to handle a 1301 Tactical today and could not believe how well it came to the shoulder and pointed. It was amazingly light.
    I have discovered a new need.....

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I got to fondle a 1301 tactical today. Very nice. If I could find a 1301 comp it would already be home with me. (If I could justify it I'd buy one of each, and a matching a400 sporting type variant)
    Since this I have actually tracked down and purchased a 1301 comp ( 21") but much to my chagrin I have yet to shoot it due to a sadistic mix of honey-dos and kidney stones.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Any updates as to attaching a light and reliability? I contacted laser devices about their magazine weapon light about a month ago and it wasn't available yet.

Heard a rumor that Mesa will be making short LOP stocks for it, anyone else?

Is the operating system susceptible to reliability issues when things are added (light, side saddle, etc) like I've heard with the m1 and m2?

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    Any updates as to attaching a light and reliability? I contacted laser devices about their magazine weapon light about a month ago and it wasn't available yet.

Is the operating system susceptible to reliability issues when things are added (light, side saddle, etc) like I've heard with the m1 and m2?
    I heard Beretta was working on fore ends with rail. Briley makes a + 2 with rail. The Benelli M1 and M2 are inertia operated, and more susceptible to weight. I use a side saddle attached with velcro/adhesive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post

Nordic makes their MXT extension for it and offers a coupler with a 1913 section. They also have a QD socket attachment for the coupler.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Weighs about two pounds less, more reliable with a range of loads, far better stock/sight/rail design. Faster cycling, too.
    How forgiving? I have owned 4 Benelli M4's, including #555 M1014. I have never had any issues running ammunition as light as 2.75 dram skeet loads, Ranger reduced buckshot, etc. The only round that would not cycle was the Winlite Feather buckshot loads, and it almost made it. My Benelli M1014/M4's are the weapons I would pick over my Glock, M&P, Daniel Defense AR's, etc. if someone said "Lets go shot-for-shot and whowever's weapon fails first owes the other $100+ their ammo." They are just dead-nuts stone reliable when I set them up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I heard Beretta was working on fore ends with rail. Briley makes a + 2 with rail. The Benelli M1 and M2 are inertia operated, and more susceptible to weight. I use a side saddle attached with velcro/adhesive.
    This is a gas-gun, and weight should actually HELP it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Spr1: Federal Flight Control #1 buckshot keeps all 15 .30 caliber pellets on the target out to 35+ yds...

Dave J: Federal Truball Deep Penetrator (PB127 DPRS) slugs are what I am going to shoot next.
    What is the choke on this barrel? Is it backbored or "oversize" from the typical 0.728" Ber/Ben ID? I have read it is fixed, and apparently uses their super awesome forcing-cone. Also, is the barrel chrome-lined as typical for Beretta/Benelli? I have tried FC out of Benelli barrels/chokes, and even down to IC, it had an ugly pattern past 20 yards. If this barrel is backbored and CYL, I can see it doing very well. Howe does "regular" buck pattern? I found the Truball DP slugs to perform abysmally in my M4, and a friend;s M590A1, as a datapoint.

My 1301 Tactical put five 1 oz Brenneke slugs into a 3" circle at 50 yds when I zero'd it. It did NOT like Winchester low recoil Foster slugs--they made a 10" pattern, not a group...
    I have found shotguns to be very picky about slugs. Remington Fosters (1oz@1560fps) and Brenneke Classic Magnums (2.75") have never let me down, though.

Picked up a Beretta 1301 21" Comp today...
    You really are loving this thing! I remember I spoke with you a while back (years) re: Benelli M4, and you were concerned with:

-Receivers can be bent.
    -Lights are hard to mount.

Similarly, this weapon has an alloy receiver, and you have said in this thread that a light mount continues to prove less than optimal, yet you now have 2 flavors of this koolaid. Why? I have sold my Benelli M1014, and damned if just a week later after visiting my property in NW AR and seeing that dense foliage and rolling mountainside, I want another 12ga. I take your opinion very carefully into consideration, and can see that you love this thing. What about it is so appealing? What is superior?

Since you have it in-hand, also, what is this talk of "gaskets scraping pistons" in the literature? Is there anything rubber/polymer wiping anything, or are we talking metal-on-metal non-wear issue components? So far all I can see is the FN/Winchester style looking piston and a spring, in all the photos. Is this a "scrub it with a brass toothbrush once a year if you want and forget about it" type operating system, or does it involve Remington 11-87esque parts? A picture or link to one of it layed bare would be exceptional, if you have one handy!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Murdering everyone at the local orphanage is pretty much up to you, too. And just like modifying your firearm in contravention of 922(r) it would be a crime if you did it. That ATF doesn't run around house to house checking isn't the same as saying it's legal.
    This is what Beretta has to say about it on their website:

NOTE FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS: In conformance to federal law, the magazine-extension tube is available only as an after-market accessory that the customer may purchase separately and install.

Similarly, Taran Butler has never had an issue with HIS Beretta's. Does the BATFE respect celebrity status? Do we even know the "parts count" on this gun?

How are y'all mounting slings on these?

There are swivel positions for a simple carry sling, but folks are using a Briley or equivalent plus two extension with rail for a light and TAC sling forward position. Beretta had a side QR AR style push swivel on the side of the rear butt stock. Understand they are also working on a fore end with sections of Pic rail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is the rear sight and pic rail polymer on these?

User Tag List