Page 661 of 683 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663671 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 6823

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    I joined the 1301T club this week, a MOD 2 followed me home.

I already had an SGA in the parts bin I took off my 590A1, so I picked up an adaptor, and a Zukhov hand guard kit.

After playing with that setup, I think I may end up going back to the factory furniture. Or at least the factory stock. The SGA adds enough weight, it changes the feel of the gun. I'll need some range time to figure it out I guess. I really like the factory hand guard, but even with the m-lok slots, it's lacking enough room for a light and sling mount.

Personally - I like a bit of weight on the stock, it helps balance the already light 1301T - its actually the SGA pad thats too squishy for me - I prefer a thinner pad and actually put a harder but thinner pad from the X22 Hunter stock to make it more maneuverable, stick less to the shoulder, and shave some length off to make it even better for CQB uses

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Personally - I like a bit of weight on the stock, it helps balance the already light 1301T - its actually the SGA pad thats too squishy for me - I prefer a thinner pad and actually put a harder but thinner pad from the X22 Hunter stock to make it more maneuverable, stick less to the shoulder, and shave some length off to make it even better for CQB uses
    I agree, was it ever figured out if they will or will not sell them without a hassle? My reading was that they would or wouldn't depending on when you called and who answered the phone.
    If they are simple/cheap to buy I would like a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Thanks for the pics! So I guess the relieved section it Beretta’s fix for the dreaded clamp movement.

I don’t know if your gun has this problem, but if you remove the mag tube spring retainer (the black plastic plug) you might be able to reliably load 7 rounds… but dealing with the 2 pieces and the loose spring might be a little more difficult.
    I'm glad you mentioned that, I don't recall ever hearing they wouldn't take 7 rounds. I went and checked, and my gun wouldn't take the full 7 in the magazine, until I removed the spring retainer. Kind of sucks for cleaning it, but I'll work around it for the full mag capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I agree, was it ever figured out if they will or will not sell them without a hassle? My reading was that they would or wouldn't depending on when you called and who answered the phone.
    If they are simple/cheap to buy I would like a couple.
    Honestly Magpul has been nothing but nice to me in the multiple times I've called for spare parts, they shipped me the silicone pads for the 870/500 barrel clamp without charge when I called one time - when I called about the stock pads for the X22 they gave me a price and sent it and didn't ask questions - I just said I have 2 of these stocks (I have another SGA on a 590) and the pads are getting pretty beat up from use and storage and wanted to purchase a set of new ones

I think they were $12 plus shipping when I purchased them - worth a call, I've never had a bad experience with Magpul CS - like I said yes the pad is harder but I'll take a little more shoulder bruising for a more compact setup - all my wood stocked 12ga's have low profile limbsavers (5/8" thick) and thats about as thick as I like them to not get hung up etc-

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimslow View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned that, I don't recall ever hearing they wouldn't take 7 rounds. I went and checked, and my gun wouldn't take the full 7 in the magazine, until I removed the spring retainer. Kind of sucks for cleaning it, but I'll work around it for the full mag capacity.
    Honestly I don't mind removing the spring retainer and did it to all my 12ga that have them - easier to clean the mag tube out periodically when you are taking the gun down anyway-

Honestly Magpul has been nothing but nice to me in the multiple times I've called for spare parts, they shipped me the silicone pads for the 870/500 barrel clamp without charge when I called one time - when I called about the stock pads for the X22 they gave me a price and sent it and didn't ask questions - I just said I have 2 of these stocks (I have another SGA on a 590) and the pads are getting pretty beat up from use and storage and wanted to purchase a set of new ones

I think they were $12 plus shipping when I purchased them - worth a call, I've never had a bad experience with Magpul CS - like I said yes the pad is harder but I'll take a little more shoulder bruising for a more compact setup - all my wood stocked 12ga's have low profile limbsavers (5/8" thick) and thats about as thick as I like them to not get hung up etc-
    Thanks, good to know. The first place I heard about it was probably on YT and the poster said they went through some hoops, glad that might be old/faulty information. I just bought back into the 590 idea and I think if it just that much shorter it will be good, and smoother/slicker is also a good thing.

Yeah I stumbled upon the idea from the YT video a few years back - my opinion was at the time it was probably thick into the first waves of Wuhan Virus years and everyone was scrambling for parts etc so there was probably not much spare parts inventory (even though I think I called around 2021 or maybe early 2022 for mine and had no issues)

Its a firm rubber of some sort, not squishy at all, but its not hard polymer - but best part is it takes a good 5/8" off the LOP and doesnt stick to anything

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Thanks, good to know. The first place I heard about it was probably on YT and the poster said they went through some hoops, glad that might be old/faulty information. I just bought back into the 590 idea and I think if it just that much shorter it will be good, and smoother/slicker is also a good thing.
    Actually - Magpul has no problem at all selling them they are now listed on the website

https://magpul.com/hunter-x-22-rubbe...obal_color=118

Actually - Magpul has no problem at all selling them they are now listed on the website

https://magpul.com/hunter-x-22-rubbe...obal_color=118
    Sweet!! Thank You!!

New Version Aridus Stock Adapter is live and in stock: https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...stock-adapter/

User Tag List