Page 666 of 680 FirstFirst ... 166566616656664665666667668676 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    If you don’t mind my asking which tube did you choose, and do you use a barrel clamp?
    They have a chart:
    Name:  Tubes.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  31.7 KB

They have one that just peeks out past a 21" Comp with an extended choke. I had one, but cannot find it and think I gave it to a friend. Or maybe I have soooo much crap I do have it... somewhere...
    Name:  1301C.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  18.8 KB

Now I keep it setup for three gun with a goofy long thing on it (don't hate the playa...), but they are easy to switch. I find it helps to drop a 22 cleaning rod down through the hole in the cap and through the spring.

I do not use a clamp for many of the reasons mentioned here, mainly I had a problem kinking the transition area and stalling the follower, but also it is easier to swap the tubes. And we stand around more than we shoot, so it is easy to check.

ETA: I meant to mention Shooters Connection used to sell separate tubes without the cap and spring, making it easier, actually just cheaper, to have a couple variations, but it doesn't look like they list them anymore.
    ETA: Looks like +3 is what you want for the 21" Comp:
    Name:  Plus Three.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  33.0 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 02-17-2024 at 01:38 PM.

I have a Nordic on a 1301T. It's ok, I glued it together so the three pieces can't come apart. I'd prefer a single piece extension if I was doing it over. Lancer makes carbon fiber tubes for the Comp. https://lancer-systems.com/product/l...tension-tubes/

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    It has a 21 inch vent ribbed barrel. Defensive/varmit control on property. While the extended tube might not be needed, I want to look at the options.
    I have the same gun, I use the Nordic system. I have both +3 and a +4 tubes for it with a coupler and have not had any issues with them. The +3 sits just shy of flush with the barrel, the +4 it just a bit longer and coupleing them together gives me 12 in the tube for 3 gun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I have the same gun, I use the Nordic system. I have both +3 and a +4 tubes for it with a coupler and have not had any issues with them. The +3 sits just shy of flush with the barrel, the +4 it just a bit longer and coupleing them together gives me 12 in the tube for 3 gun stuff.
    Thank you. I’ll probably go with the +3.

Name:  A8FC4A6F-FAC9-4161-8BD8-1A181069AD8F.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  61.3 KB

I misspoke. It’s just past flush with the +3…that’s what’s on it in the pic.

That’s fine.

Damn that looks tough with the vent rib!

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Damn that looks tough with the vent rib!
    Right?!? I so desperately want a 1301Tac with a vent rib bbl.

VENT RIB ALL THE THINGS

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I have a Nordic on a 1301T. It's ok, I glued it together so the three pieces can't come apart. I'd prefer a single piece extension if I was doing it over. Lancer makes carbon fiber tubes for the Comp. https://lancer-systems.com/product/l...tension-tubes/
    I guess not a bad idea if glued together although I never had any issues with it coming apart - I install it like a Remington extension, magazine nut first, then the extension into it - I do use the barrel clamp on my Nordic kit for structural integrity only (same with my Remington) but I don't use the pic rail or QD (use the M-Lok on my Zhukov for that)

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Right?!? I so desperately want a 1301Tac with a vent rib bbl.

VENT RIB ALL THE THINGS
    Please elaborate on your thinking on this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List