Page 29 of 679 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

"I have carried the shotgun with a round floated and empty chamber"
    That is how I have run mine and have also not noticed a problem in the field, although I was able to deliberately induce the problem while in that configuration...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I first experienced this issue when I leaned the shotgun against the footboard of my bed.
    There just happens to be a piece of wood trim the exact right height to hit the paddle.
    If I hadn't of heard the shells release it could have been two or three days before I noticed it was a single shot (maybe sooner if I had of needed it for real).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I first experienced this issue when I leaned the shotgun against the footboard of my bed.
    There just happens to be a piece of wood trim the exact right height to hit the paddle.
    If I hadn't of heard the shells release it could have been two or three days before I noticed it was a single shot (maybe sooner if I had of needed it for real).
    A freak accident isn't "freak" if it actually happens, but it not only has to hit the release but has to hit it at the far aft end and pivot it, not just depress it.

When the bolt is closed, the extended handle does a lot to shield the paddle from getting bumped, but since it's such a mess to fix it's too risky to just dismiss it. I too would be interested to see how the 1301 tactical/TX4 button works, without the big paddle attached. Does it have the same pivot function?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I just got back to town and my TX4, which has the small button. Pressing the small button (as opposed to the larger paddle style pad on the 1301) creates no issues. My 1301 Comp is getting a small button ASAP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just got back to town and my TX4, which has the small button. Pressing the small button (as opposed to the larger paddle style pad on the 1301) creates no issues. My 1301 Comp is getting a small button ASAP.
    Are we sure they are interchangeable?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Once you verify they are interchangeable and it solves or at least greatly minimizes this happening post back up.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Once you verify they are interchangeable and it solves or at least greatly minimizes this happening post back up.
    There is no problem with the TX4, which is essentially identical to the 1301 Tactical, excepting some small things like the large paddle. I have tried the TX4 with the chamber loaded, empty and floated. Works as you would want. Works as opposed to minimizing, as it is yes/no versus shades of gray, to my eyes and testing.

I need to get a part from Beretta or Brownell's, to switch from the large paddle to the small button, and then get that installed. Probably will be a few weeks to a few months, depending upon when I get to lower 48, and back to this.

Looks like the Latch cartridge assembly might be what we want. $51 from Brownells.

Looks like the Latch cartridge assembly might be what we want. $51 from Brownells.
    yes, that looks like the stock part I have on my TX4. You might also call Beretta, and see if they give you a free replacement, as I have had good luck with their support. I don't know what is involved in changing it out, as I had Jim Brockman do it, but it couldn't possibly be more difficult than changing a TRS in a P30?

any update on this ? I showed the gunsmith at the range and he said Beretta lets lawyers design their guns. I'm regretting spending 900 on a gun that can jam so easily my 300 dollar mossberg doesn't jam

Should have saved up for a Benelli

User Tag List