Thread: first aid training opinion needed

first aid training opinion needed

Need an opinion I am the coach of a high school rifle team in Pennsylvania. The state as well as my school district is making student safety a priority, with this we have to do a short online course on sudden cardiac arrest and one on concussions. In our district larger sports have athletic trainers at each event; however the rifle team does not get trainers. Our district and a few others are looking at having the sports that do not have trainers get certified in first aid I think this is a good idea but do not feel that the standard Red Cross training is enough for me. I have received information from “Diplomatic protection training institute” in Ohio they will do their LEFR TCC training for $150.00 a person for us. Has anyone received training from them, know how their training is, or if this would be a good fit for me? I will be paying for this out of our pocket so I don’t want to waste my money. The following is the overview of the course more information is available on their website. Thanks for your help

Law Enforcement & First Responder - TCC (LEFR-TCC)
    The National Association of EMT’s (NAEMT) Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Committee has developed this new course to teach public safety first responders (police and other law enforcement officers, firefighters, and other first responders) the basic medical care interventions that will help save an injured responder's life until EMS practitioners can safely enter a tactical scene.
    Course participants will learn life-saving medical actions such as bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe.

I think that would be perfect for a rifle team.

Would the EMT's from your local F.D. be willing to come by or let your team come by for training? I'm sure they would be willing to help.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

That is a good idea. I just have to make sure I can get some official proof of completion. But would not be a bad idea to do that no matter what

User Tag List