Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edc knives

Edc knives

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere else. I am revamping my EDC and am curious how many people edc a fixed blade and also in what position and holster type? Pics are encouraged!

We are diminished

Top is a "China Pick" while the smaller sheathed one is an early generation custom Clinch Pick sharpened by Ban Tang. The red handle is, of course, a trainer.

I've been carrying the Clinch Pick for a couple of years. For the past week or so I've been trying out the China Pick and -- as a guy who knows nothing more about knives than that they're supposed to have a sharp side -- it serves the job just as well. I sharpened it with a Spyderco Sharpmaker and trimmed the sheath (compare to the trainer's sheath which hasn't been modified yet).

Thanks for the fast reply Todd, do you carry it weak side appendix?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply Todd, do you carry it weak side appendix?
    Yes.

Todd - your pictures did not seem to come through on post #2.

I'd love to see what your Ban Tang custom looks like. Thanks.

Xerxes-P
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Currently a China-pick. That way if it gets confiscated (hidden fixed blades are only quasi-legal here) I'm not losing one of my custom blades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

At work, so no gun. Folder is a waved ZT 0561, used for general purpose cutting (mostly cooking, some cardboard box dismemberment), fixed blade is, you guessed it, a Clinch Pick, this one by Ban Tang.

Edc knives

I put a Spyderco g-clip on the China Pick so I could get it on my Atlas, and like the attachment a lot. Also carry a ZT0360 SKD clipped in a pocket for general duties. Love both knives.

I normally carry a folder (strider, spyderco, etc.) and a small fixed blade (clinch pick or SLCC).

photo (29) by SiDave, on Flickr

photo (48) by SiDave, on Flickr
    Chemist.

User Tag List