• Lumapower Flashlights

0 0%
  • Powertac flashlights

2 3.03%
  • All Other Flashlights

14 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashlight Poll: So many to choose from...can't list them all, but let's try

Flashlight Poll: So many to choose from...can't list them all, but let's try

I just picked up a Fenix PD22, which I really like for shooting, but I still use my handy Surefire G2ZX (in older 200 lumen version) because of the great V85 holster. But I bought some Twintask 2L Streamlights for the family members when LApolicegear.com was running a special. They have all been reliable and useful. My G2ZX has dropped to the floor dozens of times, is great on battery life, very bright at 50 yards, and really like everything except one thing: I would rather have a click-style to turn it on rather than a twist style. I like the pushbutton for instant use. I like all the cool modes the Fenix has, and lower light levels as well, but honestly don't know when I will use them, other than trying to save on battery life.

Here is a poll. There is no way I will get every flashlight on here, so I am just trying to list the most popular ones. Please forgive me if I leave your great flashlight off the list...just let us know about it in the thread.

Have a bright day!
    CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I use a Fenix PD22 for EDC and a Surefire P2X Fury for special occasions. I also have a giant Maglight that doubles as a cudgel.

I carry a P2X Fury with the RCS clip. Bezel is a bit of a PITA with jeans however.

Before that it was an SF G2X 200 lumen with a paracord lanyard which current resides on my carbine now.

Just to be clear: Restrict your responses to flashlights you can use with a pistol.
    CC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I like all the cool modes the Fenix has, and lower light levels as well, but honestly don't know when I will use them, other than trying to save on battery life.
    CC
    I use the dimmest mode indoors with a red filter when checking on my kids at night, it's also great for reading maps and not tripping in movie theaters. The brightest setting (~200 lumens) is good for everything else, especially outdoors. I got the PD22 for two reasons. First, it's perfectly pocketable size and second, I love that they divorced the mode selector from the activation switch.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Just to be clear: Restrict your responses to flashlights you can use with a pistol.
    CC
    What flashlights can't be used with a pistol? Do you mean rifle mounted lights or large flashlights like the 6D maglites? The later used to be standard for beat cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt60 View Post
    I also have a giant Maglight that doubles as a cudgel.
    SL-20 works well too...

Along with the Streamlight SL-20X, I use a Streamlight Nightfighter LED (wasn't on list) & a Stinger.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    LED Lenser P3 AFS. About the size of a Streamlight Microstream. Runs on a single AAA and gives 75 lumens with a sliding focus lens. Love it.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt60 View Post
    What flashlights can't be used with a pistol? Do you mean rifle mounted lights or large flashlights like the 6D maglites? The later used to be standard for beat cops.
    No weapon-mounted lights unless it is one that can be practically used for both.
    No flashlights that are so large and heavy they cannot be practically used with a pistol.
    No helmet-mounted or pocket-clipped, garment-mounted lights.
    No flashlight with a head larger than 3".
    No flashlight with less than 30 lumens.

That would be my list of restrictions.
    CC

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    LED Lenser P3 AFS. About the size of a Streamlight Microstream. Runs on a single AAA and gives 75 lumens with a sliding focus lens. Love it.
    I almost listed LED Lenser instead of another Olight series...darn.
    CC

User Tag List