PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds discontinues Hot Mustard Sauce

NEPAKevin
03-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Went to McDonalds, first mistake, and even though they suck since they changed them, ordered some McNuggets and asked for Host Mustard Sauce as it covers up the suck, only to be told that they discontinued it (http://t.co/UFfPqKrZC0). We really need a Chick-fil-A.

Mr_White
03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Last night, I found out Jack In The Box discontinued their Zesty Marinara. Not happy.

NEPAKevin
03-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Not happy.

Might be a little weird, but I had this urge to find Ronald McDonald, sit on his chest pinning his arms with my knees, and beat the smile off his clown face with Kevlar gloves whilst singing Tradition to express my displeasure.

ST911
03-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Went to McDonalds, first mistake, and even though they suck since they changed them, ordered some McNuggets and asked for Host Mustard Sauce as it covers up the suck, only to be told that they discontinued it (http://t.co/UFfPqKrZC0). We really need a Chick-fil-A.

I was annoyed at this as well.

However, the Habanero Ranch is pretty good.

NEPAKevin
03-06-2014, 05:03 PM
http://youtu.be/-eREiQhBDIk

JeffJ
03-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Might be a little weird, but I had this urge to find Ronald McDonald, sit on his chest pinning his arms with my knees, and beat the smile off his clown face with Kevlar gloves whilst singing Tradition to express my displeasure.

That is disturbingly specific.

NEPAKevin
03-06-2014, 05:13 PM
That is disturbingly specific.

Borrowed heavily from the scene in True Detective where Woody Harrelson's character expressed his displeasure toward the two young men who were "caught" with his daughter.

Charlie Foxtrot
03-06-2014, 08:47 PM
We really need a Chick-fil-A.

Yes, yes you do.

Their breakfast burrito is one of the best - simple and tasty. Even when they "mistakenly" substitute last night's leftover fried chicken for the sausage.

And you need a In-n-Out and Five Guys, too. And a Chipotle.

PPGMD
03-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Yes, you do. Their breakfast burrito is one of the best - simple and tasty. Even when they "mistakenly" substitute fried chicken for the sausage.

That sounds really good, I always wondered why they didn't have a chicken burrito.

Though IMO the Spicy Chicken Biscuit is their best breakfast item. Though I rarely ever eat it, as the only time I have breakfast is on the way to a match. And they only matches I attend are on Sundays.

JV_
03-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Chicken Egg and Cheese Bagel .... I have it almost daily, on my way to work.

orionz06
03-06-2014, 09:01 PM

Not sure a man that passes up McGriddles can be trusted.

JV_
03-06-2014, 09:04 PM
The McDonald's drive-through that I pass on my way to work messes up the order 50% of the time. They keep giving me some nasty sausage something ... and I have to turn around and actually go inside to un-kitten it.

And, I HATE their new double lane ordering drive through where the guy who pulls up after me gets to order FIRST.

PPGMD
03-06-2014, 09:08 PM

I've had that, it isn't bad just not nearly as good as the Spicy Chicken Biscuit.

SeriousStudent
03-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Rudy's BBQ breakfast taquito: With eggs, cheese, bacon, chorizo and some hot sauce on the side. Finish last bit of cup of steaming hot black coffee from French press while smiling hired help makes your breakfast.

Repeat as needed.

Thank smiling hired help, bus your own table because it's Texas and your mother doesn't work there, walk next door to Cabela's and look at used long gun rack.

Buy neat old long gun, go back to Rudy's to celebrate while eating various smoked dead critters. Call friends, gloat about long gun purchase and BBQ.

Repeat as needed.

Charlie Foxtrot
03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
The McDonald's drive-through that I pass on my way to work messes up the order 50% of the time. They keep giving me some nasty sausage something ... and I have to turn around and actually go inside to un-kitten it.

And, I HATE their new double lane ordering drive through where the guy who pulls up after me gets to order FIRST.
Un-kitten. I am so stealing that!

HeadHunter
03-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Last night, I found out Jack In The Box discontinued their Zesty Marinara. Not happy.

I was really looking forward to the merger between Jack In The Box and Cock Robin restaurants (http://youtu.be/S4Z4GdExgV0). The new format was going to be called 'Cock In The Box' and wouldn't refuse or discontinue anything.

Cookie Monster
03-07-2014, 08:54 AM
You guys are smart folks who love good things. How can you eat fast food? I think Bill, our local expert on all things good needs to chime in.

Cookie Monster

JV_
03-07-2014, 09:02 AM
How can you eat fast food?It's pretty hard to screw up a multi-grain bagel, egg, a piece of cheese and sometimes some chicken.

If I ate at home, I'd make the same thing (sans chicken).

NickA
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I was really looking forward to the merger between Jack In The Box and Cock Robin restaurants (http://youtu.be/S4Z4GdExgV0). The new format was going to be called 'Cock In The Box' and wouldn't refuse or discontinue anything.

:cool:

Which reminds me, apparently some people aren't as amused as I am about a food truck called CockAsian:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/An-Asian-fusion-food-truck-banned-for-offensive-5288089.php?forceWeb=1

orionz06
03-07-2014, 10:03 AM
You guys and breakfast...

Fon1961
03-07-2014, 05:25 PM
No more hot mustard sauce further reduces the likelihood I'll be going there...what's next no Big Mac sauce?

HCM
03-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Rudy's BBQ breakfast taquito: With eggs, cheese, bacon, chorizo and some hot sauce on the side. Finish last bit of cup of steaming hot black coffee from French press while smiling hired help makes your breakfast.

Repeat as needed.

Thank smiling hired help, bus your own table because it's Texas and your mother doesn't work there, walk next door to Cabela's and look at used long gun rack.

Buy neat old long gun, go back to Rudy's to celebrate while eating various smoked dead critters. Call friends, gloat about long gun purchase and BBQ.

Repeat as needed.

Rudy's is OK. Most of the neighborhoods I work in have only two choices for breakfast - McDonald’s and local Taquerias. I avoid McDonalds whenever possible. Just look for a relatively busy Taqueria. Eggs, cheese, bacon, and Bean /Chorizo and Bean / Chorizo and Potato are among my favorites. Barbacoa is good too but usually only available on the weekends. Green Chile = ALWAYS.

PS the original Salt Lick BBQ is proximate to my nearest Cabela's - as if I needed more reason to visit either one.......

Charlie Foxtrot
03-08-2014, 12:50 AM
You guys and breakfast...

Yep, tomorrow it's off to Don Jose's for their Bacon, Egg, Cheese, and Bacon burrito.